Transit information for the San Francisco Bay Area
Transit and Trails
Find transit routes to open space and parks
Google Maps Biking
Find bicycle routes via Google Maps
Accessible Transportation in the SF Bay Area
Transit information for people with disabilities
Schedules and Route Finder
Locate schedules and route maps to the parks
511 Take Transit Trip Planner
Plan a trip to the parks
List of Transit Providers
Find transit provider information
Public Transit - Bus, Rail, Ferry, Shuttle
Comprehensive Transit Information for the San Francisco Bay Area can be found on the Transit 511 website. You can create a complete public transit trip plan to most District parks and facilities on the Transit 511 website. (511.org)
- Try the Schedules and Route Finder to locate a route map or route schedule
- Try the 511 Take Transit Trip Planner. It will help plan a trip to the parks using public transit.
- Try the listing of individual transit agency Web sites may be found at Transit 511 list of transit providers.
- Try the Bay Area Open Space Council's Transit and Trails route finder.
For accessible transportation to the parks, visit the 511 website at Transit.511.org/Disabled/ or call 511 for the most current transit information. (TDD (hearing impaired line)/TTY: 800-448-9790; ParaTransit: 510-287-5000)
Parks Express is a program of the East Bay Regional Park District, providing low-cost transportation for low-income schools and groups serving children from low-income families, seniors or people with disabilities in Alameda and Contra Costa counties to come to the East Bay Regional Parks. Information may be obtained by calling Parks Express at 510-544-2205.
- Parks Express Trip Information & Transportation Request Form (1.5 MB, 3 pp.)
Naturalist Educational ProgramsIf you would like to coordinate a Naturalist Educational Program, contact the Visitor Center directly for more information on programs offered, application procedures, and deadlines.
See a list of our Visitor Centers.